Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Wow!...where did the time go?...

Okay...It's been way too long since I last posted to this blog...Hang on, Postman's here!

Yea! It's my order from The Loopy Ewe. Give me a sec and I'll take some pics!(I achieved Groupie status, and I want to see what my goodies are!)
WOW! My order consisted of 2 skeins of Cherry Tree Hill Supersock DK in the Fall Foliage colourway. I received all this:

If you want to know the details, you're just going to have to become a Loopy Groupie!

My boyfriend and I went shopping on Friday and we hit up Mrs. Tiggy Winkles to buy some Tinker Toys to make me this:
A homemade swift! I got the idea from Crafting Jen and it works pretty well. Plus its a lot less expensive than a real swift!
The yarn being displayed on my "swift" is this:


Miski by Mirasol. It's 100% baby llama and it is SOOOOOOO soft. The colourway is 101, and although it looks really grey in the pic, it's more blue in reality. I bought it at KnitKnackers.

I am attempting to get my knitting patterns in some semblance of order so I bought this at HomeSense:

I'm afraid I might run out of space soon though, the way I hoard patterns.

Speaking of patterns, I finished the Campanulas:

and I received my prize that I won in the 1st Campanula KAL contest:

A skein of merino from Dyed in the Wool (the colourway is Singed Tomato) and a cool stitch marker:
I'm doing the Stitch Marker Exchange again, and I received my first stitch markers from Yosemite Knitting Addiction:
They have cool little flowers on them!
I also joined the September Sock Club at Robyn's Nest, and received my package:
A skein of Superwash Merino from Lotus Yarns in the exclusive colourway "Time to Go!", along with matching stitch markers and a cool sock pattern.
Alas, on the subject of socks...The Summer of Socks has ended. I managed to finish just 4 pairs in the allotted time. However, the SOS wasn't just to get pairs of socks, it was to minimize my sock yarn stash...
The stash before:

The stash after:



Hmmm...maybe it's a good thing I joined Sockknitter's Anonymous on Ravelry!

...And finally I have a little screen-mate. I've named him Socks.

Here he is checking out all the socks Wendy managed to finish during the SOS (all 19 pairs!):



He's an esheep! Isn't he cute? He keeps me company while I'm on the computer.

TTFN and KEEP KNITTING!

1 comment:

TrampledbyGeese said...

First off, that swift is a fantastic idea. I wonder if it would double as a skein winder?

I also organize my patterns in a fileing box. Mine is mettle and for some reason has a lock. I am going to need something bigger soon as you are not the only one who hoards patterns.

Now I'm going to have to get my own esheep.