Sunday, August 12, 2007

C'mon VOGUE!...

...let your body move to the music....

I finished the Lemon Drop Socks:

Here is my boyfriend happily modeling his new socks:



They were fun to make, but the colour hurt my eyes, especially when knitting in sunlight!

I went shopping today and bought some new glasses (no pic cause I can't pick them up until tomorrow), and I bought this magazine:



I LOVE some of the patterns. I can't wait to get started on some of them as soon as Knit from your Stash 2007 ends. Happy days ahead.

I did start new socks, and I'm trying something different:



Two socks at a time! It's going pretty well. I still haven't gotten the hang of turning so I don't tangle the yarn, but I'm working on it. These are Lace Mock Cable socks, using the pattern from the back of the leg on the Tiger Eyes. The wool is Fleece Artist 2/6 Merino, in the Rainforest colourway (no this isn't the original skein I purchased, it is still lurking around the postal service somewhere. This is the replacement skein that Sheri from The Loopy Ewe was so wonderful to send me!)

No Miss Marple tonight (it's Inspector Morse again. He's good, but he doesn't knit!)

TTFN and KEEP KNITTING!

3 comments:

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

I just love the lemon drop socks....where did you get the yarn???...gotta make a pair for myself...I'm so easily tempted...

TrampledbyGeese said...

Those are great socks.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo two at once! To keep the yarn tangling, I keep track of which way I turned, so I never make a full circle. I just flip back and forth. But it doesn't always work. The new socks look great. I so covet Fleece Artist. :)