Sunday, August 19, 2007

WOW...where to begin...

I guess I'll start with the fact that I ACTUALLY WON A CONTEST! Yep that's right! I won the first contest in the Campanula KAL. All I had to do was post about the along on my blog...but still I win free sock yarn! Yippee.

Next: My boyfriend and I went to the Museum of Civilisation on Friday, and I took Campanula with me.

Campanula saw:



Cowichan Sweaters in the First Nations exhibits.

Then we went and saw the Canada Hall on the 3rd floor. This exhibit is very cool. It's like you are walking through a town, peering in windows and entering shops and things. I peeked into one window and saw a big spinning wheel, a knitting basket, and freshly knit socks hanging on a washing line. I tried to take a picture, but they all turned out too dark (they only had candlelight in that house).

We went past a display of a kitchen and I had to take a picture of the knitting basket with a pattern for a child's party dress underneath it:



We wandered into what was a book shop, but also sold musical instruments, jewellery and these:


Steel knitting pins and crochet hooks.

Finally we headed outside where we got an amazing view of the back of Parliament Hill:



and I did some knitting on a bench that was there, over-looking the river:



All in all it was a fantastic way to spend a morning, but we need to go back since we didn't see half of what was there.

Finally, if you live in Ottawa or Toronto check out this website:

http://www.findingfortygatheringknitting.blogspot.com/

These ladies have taken it upon themselves to fund shipments of knitted items to Afghanistan, Mongolia, and Northern Labrador. If you are interested you can drop your knitted item(s) off at Yarn Forward in Ottawa, and Knitomatic and the Knit Cafe in Toronto.

That's my news for the day!
TTFN and KEEP KNITTING!

2 comments:

TrampledbyGeese said...

I love it there. It's just across the river from where I had my very first pint of Guinness.

Congratulations on winning.

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

All socks need mojo...but I think in this case this sock gives out more mojo than it needs to take in.