Monday, January 7, 2008

Finished Project and a new KAL (of sorts)...

Actually it's a read-a-long, plus secret pal scarf exchange. It's The Miss Marple KAL and you can find info/sign-up here. It sounds like a lot of fun since I'm a huge Miss Marple fan (more than likely due to her knitting prowess, as well as her being one really cool "lady of a certain age"), plus one can never have too many scarves.

On to the finished project:

TA DA! One finished pair of Minnesota Mittens from Folk Mittens by Marcia Lewandowski. Hope my boyfriend likes them (not that he really needs them right now, it's supposed to be relatively warm for the better part of this week).

I started a new pair of socks, Spey Valley from Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush. I'm going to be doing them in Super Soxx Color by Lang & Co:

It's hard to see in this pic, but the colour is kind of a blend of olive green and merlot red.
ARRGH!!! It feels like I'm living above a night club since the dude in the apartment below us is blaring his music again. He does this every night, but I can't complain since he does turn it off around 10pm. I just grab myself a drink and my knitting and have myself a knitnite at the "bar". It wouldn't be so bad if he had a larger repertoire than the same six songs played over, and over again. Plus he seems to have an affinity to Hillary Duff. EEKK!!! (nothing against Hillary, but I'm more of a Jazz/Hard Rock kinda girl).
Ah well...I'll deal.
TTFN and KEEP KNITTING!

No comments: