Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring is coming, right?

I feel like it has been winter forever. Or maybe it seems that way because I've been fighting yet another cold this week (maybe it's just the same cold that keeps coming back?). Anyhow the bottom line is, I've been sick and whiny all week and the only thing I have to show for it (aside from a very red nose and scratchy throat) is a finished Mr. Greenjeans.

TA DA!:

(The other bloggers are right, it is really hard to properly photograph oneself.)

I loved this pattern, and the wool was Dream In Color Classy in the Black Parade colourway. This is a yummy Australian Superwash Merino in Aran weight and it knits like a dream. (no pun intended)

In other news. I've been watching the squirrels on my balcony for a while now, and I was able to finally catch some of their antics on film.

Presenting:
Squirrel Acrobatics (okay so I was also playing on Windows Moviemaker this weekend)

Brave little fellow.

And finally proof that Spring is here:

(Either that or that is one really confused bird)

I'd like to think that the Robin is right and Spring is just around the corner. It's better than believing Environment Canada's prediction of another six weeks of winter. I don't think I can last that long.

TTFN and KEEP KNITTING!

2 comments:

Dave said...

Six more weeks? Yikes!

Great sweater!

TrampledbyGeese said...

Ah snow.... I miss snow...and that squirrel is so funny.

Okay, I do admit that it sucks that you get so much snow and I get so little. If we could all just have a moderate amount of winter, then everyone would be happy. But don't worry, spring is on it's way. I can feel it.

Hope you are able to convert your cold into knitting. Love the sweater, it looks great.