Saturday, June 21, 2008

...and we're off!

The Summer of Socks 2008 officially began last night at midnight (or is it this morning at midnight?) anyway I stayed up and cast on at about 12:01am. My first pair of socks is shaping up quite nicely:

The pattern is one that Wendy of Wendy Knits designed especially for the SOS. This pair I'm trying two-at-a-time on two circular needles. My next pair I'll try two-at-a-time using Magic Loop and we'll see which way I prefer.

Mary Mary quite contrary how does your garden grow?

I am once again trying to garden on my balcony. This year I got a greenhouse in which I am housing my strawberry plant (so the squirrels and birds don't eat them) and some herbs:

Eversweet Strawberries.
Chives, French Lavender, and Cilantro.

Some Tomatoes:
Grape Tomatoes on the left, Early Girl Tomatoes on the right, and Acorn Squash on the far right.

Two different kinds of mint:
Spearmint and Apple Mint.

and finally some Cucumbers and Sedum:
Cukes on the right, Sedum on the left, oh and my birdfeeder (which doubles as a squirrel feeder, but the birds don't mind).
I hope....

Anyhoo, I'm off to knit some socks...

TTFN and KEEP KNITTING!

No comments: