Thursday, July 5, 2007

Oh Look...another sock in progress...

I think that will be the theme of the blog this summer.

Yesterday I finished turning the heel on the first Gull Wings sock:



Now it's down the foot and finish the toe. Oh..and knit the second one.
I'm really liking the Meilenweit Cotton. Looking at the twist:



I was kind of thinking that it could split a lot, but it hasn't. It's also soft and not hard to knit up (probably because of the wool blend). I'm definitely looking forward to knitting up the other 3 balls I have:



Not sure what patterns I'll use, maybe I'll try my hand at designing some. But first I'll have to finish Gull Wings.

There have been some projects other than socks.

I finished knitting a camera case for my new digital camera:



The pattern is adapted from this one by Trampled by Geese. I still need to felt it a bit, and make a cord so I can sling it around my neck, but I like how it turned out.

Also there has been a little progress on the shawl (no I haven't abandoned it entirely):

I still have 4 flowers to go and then I can block and do the beading. I haven't yet decided if I want to have beads all over or just a beaded fringe. I'll decide when it's blocked.

Anyhoo, that's the update from the Nations Capital.

TTFN and KEEP KNITTING!

No comments: