Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Good morning....

I'm not a morning person. My boyfriend has to wave a cup of coffee under my nose to get me up. However, since we've gotten the balcony furniture, I seem to have more incentive to get up. I love sitting outside in the morning. It's really relaxing.
I love the bistro set! Here is the sock chilling with my morning coffee:



The antique finish on the set is really neat. It has shades of beige, green and red. Now all we have to do is get some plants up there to finish our oasis.
The sock is coming along nicely. I've started the gusset:


I want to get the heel finished before I have to go to work, so I can knit on my way to work without having to juggle an instruction sheet while crammed into my seat on the bus. I'm really loving the colourway of this wool especially on the bottom of the foot:

I'm such a geek...I get really excited when I'm using a new self-patterning wool and I see what colour comes next. I can't wait to finish this pair.
For those knitting/sheep fans out there, this is an illustration I think you'll enjoy:


I think it's just hilarious. Oh and just in case I'm breaking a billion copyright laws by posting this: This is an illustration from the book RUSSELL THE SHEEP by Rob Scotton. The illustration is also by ROB SCOTTON. (That should keep the feds off my back). His illustrations are fantastic. For cat lovers he does SPLAT THE CAT. They are also really cute. Sigh...I really wish I could find the Russell pic as a poster or coffee mug.
Anyhoo, I'm gonna grab a second cup of Java and adjourn to the balcony to work on the heel.
TTFN and KEEP KNITTING!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love these illustrations...you have wonderful taste and are obviously a woman of great style. Always good to hear about Russell's friends. Thanks for the kind words. lol, Rob Scotton.