Friday, May 4, 2007

Still Knitting...

I decided that I didn't like the way the sock was turning out, so I frogged it and started over. I like this much better:



I'm just doing a simple K1 P1 rib, and you can now see the colours better. I'm also thinking of trying the gusset heel that Wendy used here:


I usually use the short-row heel when I'm knitting toe-up, but I like the way this heel looks.

Speaking of socks, (don't you just love that segway?) I've just signed up for the Summer of Socks '07. You can learn about it here:


It looks like fun, and it should give me fodder for my blog.


In other knitting news, there is progress on the shawl:



I've finished one ball, and completed three full repeats. I was so excited because the other day as I was organizing my stash (fighting with my stash would be more accurate), I discovered another ball of the angora/lambswool blend that the shawl is being made out of. So I now have 6 balls instead of 5. YEA! I've also cast on the front of my boyfriend's Aran-style sweater:




It's turning out really well and, because of the chunky wool, is knitting up rather quickly.

TTFN and KEEP KNITTING!

No comments: