Thursday, June 21, 2007

And so it begins....

With this:
Eager anticipation for the Summer of Socks 2007! On my way into work today that turned into this:
The first of my SOS Socks.
The pattern: Aran Sandal Socks from Socks, Socks, Socks.
The wool: Interlacements Tiny Toes
The colour: Bachelor's Buttons.
The camera flash doesn't do the colourway justice. The colour is just fantastic. I love it!...I think I need to steal Wendy 's idea and cast on an easier pair for transit purposes. I love this pattern, but methinks the cable needle may pose problems on a bumpy bus ride. We shall see.
For the Summer of Socks I have entered one contest only. The Vacation Sock, basically I'll take a picture of one of my SIP (Socks in Progress) or one of the socks I've completed during the KAL in some type of interesting vacation scene; if it gets voted as the most interesting (by the other 505 participants) I win. Hmmm... looks like I'll have to take lots of pictures to find the perfect one.
Finally (before I go back to the land of socks) The completed Boyfriend Socks, modeled by the Boyfriend's Feet:
He really likes them.

No comments: