Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Let's see...

What have I been up to.
On Monday I didn't have to work until the afternoon, so my morning was spent with this:

Working on the second Aran Sandal Sock, while watching Lucy Neatby's Sock Techniques 1 & 2.
I tried to take a close up of the mirror cable in the middle of the sock. It runs down the front, as well as the back and on the heel flap:
It's not too clear, but you can kind of see the pattern.
Yesterday and today, I've been at first aid training. I now know how (and when) to use the defibrillator that we have at my work. I hope I never have to use it, but it's good to know.
Today when I got home I had mail:
From Robyn:
Stitch markers with hearts, and flowers, and iridescent beads.
and
From Knit Girl:
I really like these colours and the white bead at the bottom is neat.
I was asleep at the wheel so I missed out signing up for the summer swap, but I'll be swapping stitch markers again in the fall and this time with 5 partners.
Finally, I'm losing my faith in the postal service. I ordered some Fleece Artist sock yarn from The Loopy Ewe, and Sheri (prompt as always) had it shipped the next day. This was the 8th. It is now the 27th, and I still haven't received it. I checked on the USPS website and they say international mail could take 6-10 postal business days, so I'm not fully panicking, but I am beginning to get a tad concerned. I really hope they didn't lose it. I'm hoping that it just got caught up somewhere. I'll wait until Friday, and if it's still not here I'll email Sheri and let her know. I really hope I get it tomorrow. I have plans for that yarn.
Anyhoo that's it for now.
TTFN and KEEP KNITTING!

No comments: